Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Project 365

January 1st I started a new scrapbook project...Project 365. When I first read about Project 365 of Becky Higgin's blog, I wasn't sure I wanted to take on something so daunting. A picture every day doesn't sound like a lot, but multiply that by 365 days during the year, and it is pretty significant. I looked at my December Daily album (almost finished) and just love how it is turning out, such a great record of our family for one month. Finally, I decided to take the plunge and commit to Project 365. Although I don't expect it to be easy, I think at the end of the year, it will be wonderful to have a photograph and some notes for every day in our lives for a year. I expect it to be a mixture of the people, places and things that mean the most to us, make us laugh, and make us reflect and appreciate our everyday lives. I'm sure that some days it will be more challenging than others to take the 'right' photograph, but that will be part of the journey; looking a little more closely at what surrounds us to see what really defines our family. I hope that another side benefit will be a refinement in my photography skills. I have dabbled in photography for a while now and think this will be a great opportunity to hone those skills. So, even though it won't always be easy (and a lot of things worth doing are not easy) I know there is much to be gained by participating in this project. Ready, aim, shoot - 1,2,3,4,5,..365!
Week 1:
Week 2:

Week 3:

Week 4:

Week 5:

Week 6:

Week 7:

No comments: