Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Auntie Jen in Phoenix

At the beginning of this month I had a work conference to go to in San Antonio, Texas and I figured why not tack on a few days of vacation and visit my brother and his family in Arizona - it is almost right next door...right? (obviously geography is not my stong suit...but they are pretty close as it turns out).
I spent 4 days and 4 nights at my brother's home.
I finally met my youngest nephew Tobin for the first time, he turned 1 six days after I left.
I spent time playing baseball with my older nephews Justin & Isaac.
I read countless books to Kiah.
I was treated to a trip to the Phoenix Zoo which is a truly awesome place...hard to believe, but I think it is even better than our local Toronto Zoo.
I learned to play 3 new board games which were so much fun; Blokus, Sequence and Carcassonne.
I tripped playing backyard baseball and ran into a wall with my face ending up with a black eye, horribly bruised leg and scrapes on my arm from wrist to elbow.
I made the kids yummy Auntie Jen fruit fondue face dessert.
I had a wonderful trip and miss them all so very much.
Tobin: Kiah:
Isaac:
Justin:

No comments: