Thursday, May 21, 2009

Togetherness

I love watching the "togetherness" of the kids...it is not there every moment, every hour or even every day...but when I catch a glimpse it warms my heart like nothing else.
Last week I left work a little early and took the kids to a new park. They insisted on wearing arm bands in the car on the way over, the new park was close to the public pool and for them that was enough of an excuse to put on the water wings.

As they ran down the path towards the park, Isabelle grabbed Owen's hand and said "Owie brover, I so eh-cited" He held her hand just as tightly and told her "Me too Isabelle, we are going to have F-U-N"
Even going down the double slide they held hands.
They did have moments on their own...climbing

and sliding

But when all the swinging and climbing and jumping and sliding was done...they ran together back to the car.  These are the moments I want to remember and cherish!

No comments: