Friday, October 26, 2007

Binghee

If you have a child 4 years old or older, I am certain you have heard of Webkinz . Owen received a Webkinz lion for his birthday from Grandma and just loves it. For those of you who do not know, they are stuffed animals that come with an access code to the website. With the access code you can log on and play games, earn Webkinz money and then shop with it to buy food and clothing for the online version of your toy. Similar to the Cabbage Patch dolls of the 80s, the Webkinz toys get adopted by their owner, but you get to name your own pet. Owen came up with the name BINGHEE. He loves this lion and takes it everywhere with him…to school…in the car strapped into his carseat with him…to bed with him dressed in slippers.

I was a little reluctant to start but after looking at the site I am hooked. It is really educational; teaching children about money management, keyboarding skills and quizzes in all areas (math, spelling, culture…).

I have to admit that most nights after doing my own computer work I log onto the Webkinz site and play a few games…totally addicting.
~closet webkinz addict~

No comments: