Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Grade One

GRADE ONE

He had his current favourite breakfast to start the day: Corn Flakes, Mama Muffin, Applesauce & Chocolate Almond Milk
He posed on the stairs with his sister
He has a new backpack, lunchbox and shoes
He walked to school in the morning
He said hello to friends
He hugged his sister goodbye
He walked into the school
He forgot that he was supposed to come home for lunch and we waited and waited and waited. Finally we discovered that he was sitting with all the other kids who stay for lunch and was eating applesauce (his afternoon snack).
Owen: Mama, why did you only pack me applesauce for lunch
Mama: The applesauce is your afternoon snack. You wanted to come home for lunch remember?
Owen: Oh Yeah.
(thinking)
Owen: Mama, how come I did not have 3 recesses?
Mama: Because school is not over yet, you are going back after lunch and you will have another recess in the afternoon
Owen: OK But when do I have my afternoon snack? And what will I have?
Mama: Your teacher will let you know when snack time is and I will pack you another snack
Owen: This grade one stuff is pretty confusing!
She was upset that she forgot about her backpack and demanded to go back to school with it on
She walked and walked and walked with her backpack on
He rode his bike to school for the afternoon session (after lunch)
He left school very happy!
We visited with my Grandma Beryl
He took photos
We played by the beach in Barrie
With Madison
And with Cameron
He swam with his friends in Lake Simcoe
Cameron posed for the camera with glow bracelets on
Madi twirled with her glow necklaces and bracelets on
He posed
I attempted to get all 4 kids to look at the camera
And this is as close as I came "Make a funny face for me!"
I love our tradition of celebrating the first day of school with our friends in Barrie; having a final swim in water outdoors, playing in sand, having a last picnic before the weather gets too cold. The kids had a great time playing and the mama's had a bit of time to chat.

A more perfect first day of school could not be found!

No comments: