Monday, December 1, 2008

December Daily : Day 1

Here is day 1 of my December Daily album:


How To:

I printed a 4x6 of the advent calendar photo taken in the morning and trimmed it to size. Trimmed the painting that Isabelle painted. Adhered both of these to the back of Page 1 (seen yesterday). Added a strip of patterned paper to journal on, a piece of ribbon and a number circle. The other side is one of the reindeer's that the kids made at the Library story / craft night.

I got into the creative mood full swing and put together a little 3x3 album with some of the supplies from my Becky Higgins card kit. We went to a Christmas party at my mother-in-law’s place on Sunday. We had the best time, clowns, magicians, electric trains and Santa.



I loved the process of documenting our first day of December. The simple act of writing things down makes me pause and reflect and be thankful for all that we have. To anyone looking in, our day was not particularly spectacular in any way. It was filled with crafts and work and school and friends and all of our normal routines…a perfectly wonderfully spectacular December day. As you go about your days at this busy time of year, take a moment to reflect and maybe you will be inspired do something creative too.

No comments: